The term “personal information” is defined as information that you voluntarily provide to us that personally identifies you and/or your contact information, such as your name, phone number, and email address.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The Site only collects the personal information you voluntarily provide to us, which may include:
- Your full name and email address in order to subscribe visitors to the newsletter.
- Your full name, email address, mailing address and payment information in order to process product and/or service orders.
- Your full name, email address, mailing address, phone number and password when you register as a user on the website to access member only content.
- Your full name, email address, and website information in order to post comments on the Site.
- Your full name, email address and message in order to contact us via our contact form.
We will only ask you to provide a minimum amount of data which is needed for completing the service you asked for. Before leaving your data, you will have been clearly and intelligibly explained the purpose of collecting your data and asked to give your consent to it, which you can refrain from doing and also withdraw it. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
The information you provide is used to process transactions, send periodic emails, and improve the services we provide.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
Your name, email address, password and other information in your membership profile is stored within the membership database on our website. Your information can only be accessed by those who help manage the membership related portions of our site.
Your name and email address is stored at the list server, Mail Chimp, that delivers your newsletters. Your information can only be accessed by those who help manage that list in order to deliver e-mails to those who would like to receive the newsletters.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, Mail Chimp includes detailed ‘unsubscribe’ instructions at the bottom of each email.
We may record information relating to your use of the Site, such as the searches you undertake, the pages you view, your browser type, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp information. We use this type of information to administer the Site and provide the highest possible level of service to you. We also use this information in the aggregate to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Site.
The Site may send cookies to your computer in order to uniquely identify your browser and improve the quality of our service. The term “cookies” refers to small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing the Site. The Site may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them).
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies using your web browser settings. If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the Site may not work properly or at all. The Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals sent by your browser.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
The Site maintains security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Woo commerce Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into the Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
However, no exchange of data over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. While this site makes every effort to protect your personal information shared with us through this Site, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with us through this Site could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through this Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
CHILDREN’s ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
This Site is not directed to children under the age of eighteen for non-EU users, nor for EU-users. We do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 years as part of the Site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from an underage user as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records.
If we change my practices in the future, we will obtain prior verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen for non-EU users or EU users as part of the Site.
Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from underage children as part of the Site, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
VISITORS’ GDPR RIGHTS
According to the GDPR, a “data subject” is defined as an identifiable natural person. A natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as: a name, an identification number, location data, or online identifier.
Alternatively, they may be identified by reference to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person. A data subject may be of any age or nationality.
As a data subject, within the European Union, you are entitled to certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Those rights include:
- You have the right to be informed with respect to your personally identifiable information (PII) retained by the Company. As such, you may request access to your data that the Company stores and the rights to either correct or erase your personal data.
- We will retain any personally identifiable information you choose to provide to us unless: (a) you request for us to delete the information, (b) We stop using the existing data providers, or (c) at our discretion, we decide to remove the data.
- You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
- You have the right to withdraw consent provided to us concerning the processing of your personal data, as well as the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
- You have the right to not be subjected to automated decision-making via pre-ticked boxes, additions to our email marketing lists and the like.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You may access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, changing your profile in the Members Area on our site, changing your profile in MailChimp, or opt-out on newsletters.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This policy and the use of this Site are governed by California law. If a dispute arises under this Policy we agree to first try to resolve it with the help of a mutually agreed-upon mediator in the following location: San Diego. Any costs and fees other than attorney fees associated with the mediation will be shared equally by each of you and this site.
If it proves impossible to arrive at a mutually satisfactory solution through mediation, we agree to submit the dispute to binding arbitration at the following location: San Diego, under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitration may be entered in any court with jurisdiction to do so.
This statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.